[Icehouse] Frequency of emails

Dale Newfield dale at newfield.org
Fri Nov 6 12:22:59 EST 2009

Erik Dresner wrote:
> I've signed up to receive these emails as a single daily digest.
> However, I'm receiving them a bit more than once per day.

I believe these lists are still managed by Mailman, in which case
there's a digest setting "How big in Kb should a digest be before it
gets sent out?" that can cause digests to be sent more often if the size
of the digest would exceed the size specified.  I'd suggest either
asking people not to "top comment" including all of the messages to
which they're replying, thus reducing the useless bulk of most of the
list messages, or contacting someone at Looney Labs and asking them to
increase this setting.

-Dale